This September, six women entrepreneurs will pitch their businesses at the She Leads Africa 2015 Entrepreneur Showcase, an annual pitch competition hosted to showcase and invest in high potential women entrepreneurs in Africa (you should reserve your ticket now). Aside bragging rights and international media exposure, the winner of this year’s pitch competition will get the grand prize of $10,000 USD, year long training and mentorship with experienced advisors, and direct access to investors (see full list of prizes here) .
We interviewed all six finalists who were selected from nearly 400 applicants in 20 countries. These outstanding women have a combined revenue of $3million USD, over 11,000 customers and operate in various sectors including beauty, health, fashion and food. Every day this week, we’ll share our interviews with them, and learn more about what they do and their entrepreneurial journey to date.
The chosen finalists are:
- Kambili Ngozi Ofili-Okonkwo (Kamokini): Designing Stylish Swimwear for the African Woman
- Imoteda Aladekomo (Heels in the Kitchen): Bringing Style Into Your Kitchen
- Louisa Kinoshi (Beauty Rev NG): Revolutionizing the African Beauty Shopping Experience
- Ngozi Opara (Heat Free Hair Movement): Redefining the African Natural Hair Movement
- Brenda Katswesigye, InstaHealth
- Kasope Ladipo-Ajai, OmoAlata Food Services
Bookmark this page and follow our daily interviews with the #SLAcofoundHER hashtag on social media for updates…and of course, share with your network 🙂
About She Leads Africa
She Leads Africa is a social enterprise dedicated to supporting high growth Africa-focused start-ups with at least one female founder. This year She Leads Africa received applications from nearly 400 startups from 20 countries. Learn more about this year’s Entrepreneur Showcase here.